Users who have been using licensed versions of Reveal prior to version 25 may be shown a warning on every launch stating that the currently activated license is only valid for an older version of Reveal, and then be asked to re-enter their license key, despite the app having been activated previously.
This is a known defect in Reveal’s migration of existing DevMate-based licenses to our new Paddle-based license back-end.
- Download a copy of Reveal v24 from https://revealapp.com/updates/24/
- Launch Reveal v24.
- Go to Reveal > License Information > License.
- Deactivate the installed license by clicking Unlink Device.
- (Skip this step if you already have Reveal v26)
Download a copy of Reveal v26 from https://revealapp.com/updates/26/.
- Open Reveal v26 and enter the license key.
Reveal no longer prompts for a license key on the next launch after completing the workaround.