sometimes seems UI seems weird

tony chen

12 Jul, 2017 08:38 AM

I don't really know how to describe this accurately, but the thing is, two views, one is overlapped by the other, but their position is the same. If I enable 3D perspective, sometimes I had this feeling that their origin Y position is not the same. and then i'll have to switch back to 2D.

Hope you can draw some helper lines to help me eliminate this visual issue.

Another thing that i really have to mention is that when 2 views are both the subviews of a parent view, and thus they should appear in the inspect canvas at the same level. but when one of the view's subview tree is expanded, they are not looks like in the same level.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tony Arnold on 12 Jul, 2017 09:59 PM

Hello Tony,

Is there any way you could take a screenshot of the canvas and annotate the screenshot showing where you think the rendering is wrong? It's not clear to me based upon your description of the issue.

thanks,

Tony

2. 2 Posted by tony chen on 15 Jul, 2017 12:53 PM

I have attached a screenshot. The candidate bar 's top is actually pinned to the gray background view. But if you use 3D perspective, it is hard to tell. I have to switch to 2D to confirm.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tony Arnold on 16 Jul, 2017 10:51 PM

Ah, I see now. That's not a bug - more an artefact of perspective and rendering into 3D space, but I can see how it can be confusing in use.

There are two options:

1. As you suggested: switch to 2D mode when you need to check;
    2. Adjust the view separation in 3D mode. You can do this by holding down Option (⌥) and Command (⌘) while using your mouse scroll wheel to cause the views to come closer to together (or farther apart).

If you ever get "lost" in 3D mode, you can also use "Canvas → Reset View" in the menu to reset the 3D perspective to the default.

Please let me know if this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac