Export / show changes made in Reveal

Tadeas Kriz

22 Oct, 2016 11:19 AM

Hi, I really like Reveal, but I'm missing one feature that's important to me. It would be the ability to show and/or export changes I made to views. I'd like to use Reveal for UI refinement where I would be changing constraints for multiple views ever so slightly and changing things like colors, fonts and so on. This is that after I'm done, I'd like to see a list of all actions I made for the views to look like they do so I would be able to implement those changes in code. Is this possible in Reveal now? If not, is it planned?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tony Arnold on 23 Oct, 2016 10:03 PM

Hi Tadeas,

Yes, it's definitely been discussed internally a number of times - I can see the use of it. At this stage, it's not something Reveal can do. Is it planned? Not yet, we're still working out the list of big features for the next few months, but this is something I think everyone on the team would love to see included.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Tony

2. 2 Posted by Tom J on 04 Apr, 2017 05:38 AM

Just seconding this suggestion following my support post.

Any implementation here would be great - even if it was just a super basic public API which you put on Reveal which allowed someone else to hook into it and dump the changes as a text file. That would reduce the workload for you to support the feature and would de-risk it a fair bit. I'm sure there's enough spare development capacity in here from people looking for the feature that they'd be able to cook up something from an API.

Cheers!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac