Does Reveal App support inspecting dyanmic view?

hapmlpy

03 Aug, 2018 09:42 AM

Hi,
Does Reveal able to show the views that dynamically created and added into the view hierarchy? I try to debug a view which was dynamically created when user tapped a button, but I can't see it in Reveal inspective view.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 03 Aug, 2018 09:53 AM

Hi again Jain,

Yes, Reveal supports such use cases, though not in an automatic way: if you inspect your app, and then its view hierarchy changes, you need to refresh it by selecting ViewRefresh menu item, or clicking the refresh button in the connection bar, or simply pressing ⌘R. This will reload your view hierarchy in its current state. Reveal will also refresh the view hierarchy if you modify some view's property from Inspectors. However, Reveal doesn't track and automatically refresh changes in the view hierarchy at the moment.

I hope this answers your question!

Best regards,
    Vlas.

2. 2 Posted by hapmlpy on 03 Aug, 2018 10:56 AM

Hi Vlas,

Thanks very much. Does Reveal provide a complete documentation at somewhere? I spend whole day to fumble Reveal and try to understand the meanings underneath functions and commands. I think it would be helpful if I can find official documentation.

Thanks,
    Jain

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 04 Aug, 2018 06:34 AM

Hi Jain,

We don't have a comprehensive user's guide at the moment, but you might find these materials useful:

Providing an official guide or a video is something that was on our minds for some time now, though we never got around to actually do that. Aside from the Refresh function, can you elaborate which features you found hard to find or understand? We strive to make Reveal's user interface intuitive enough not to require detailed documentation, but I understand that it doesn't always work that way. Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,
    Vlas.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac