Need to ability to hide views

nick5454

10 Aug, 2015 08:57 PM

I have a complex UI with up to 10 different views the size of the device. Click hidden isn't hiding them so I have to look at views with 30 degree angle which makes it difficult to line things up.

It would be nice to add the ability of "SendToFront" and "SendToBack". What would be really nice is to be able to create a view port with using a view as the main screen. For instance I have 12 views. I select the 3rd view. My screen only consists of the children of the 3rd view as if it were the main window. Then I could manage multiple windows at once. This would make it much easier to get work done faster.

Thanks,
Nick

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 11 Aug, 2015 02:07 AM

Hi Nick,

You can hide a view in the running application by clicking the 'Hidden' checkbox in the Attributes inspector for the view. To also hide that view in the Reveal canvas you'll need to ensure the Canvas > Display Hidden Views menu is unchecked in the menu. Note that hiding a view will hide all it's subviews.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can focus on a view (and all it's subviews) by double clicking the view in the outline or on the canvas.

Let me know if either of those tips help.

Cheers

Sean

2. 2 Posted by nick5454 on 14 Aug, 2015 02:01 PM

Yes I love the double click. I do have one issue with the hidden check box. You still keep the wireframe of the view. Can you add an option that Hidden Opacity 0% removes the wireframe or add that to the menu pull down. I have more than 50 subviews and it makes it somewhat difficult to fine tune constraints.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 18 Aug, 2015 12:57 AM

Hi Nick,

Did you try setting the canvas to display only content (⌘2)?

Cheers

Sean

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac