Inspector tab does not update bounds or frame

Nick Turner

25 May, 2015 11:19 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Please add refresh buttons for the frame of the view

After taking a look it appears the identity inspector tab does not update bounds or frame. Whereas if I click on the layout index under CALayers I can see the values.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 25 May, 2015 11:28 PM

Hi Nick,

The frame reported in the Identity inspector is the accessibility frame, which may be different to the view/layer frame.

Cheers

Sean

2. 2 Posted by nick5454 on 14 Aug, 2015 01:58 PM

Yes, you are correct. Do you call invalidate on every refresh? I override that property and I see that it does. Just curious what your refresh is really doing.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tony Arnold on 18 Aug, 2015 01:26 AM

Hi Nick,

We're read-only — Reveal just requests the current value of the property in question (including the accessibility frame you reference here). We only update layers/views when sending a change to your app, so refreshing does nothing but re-read the latest data from your app.

thanks,

Tony

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac