Please add refresh buttons for the frame of the view

Nick Turner

04 May, 2015 02:47 PM

The issue I have is that i'm trying to find where I have a constraint problem.

The activation point and the frame are always 0. I assume your app queries these before the "DidLayoutSubviews" event fires, whereas when using constraints this comes after. A refresh button on the right panel above the frame would be nice, so I can update the values when needed. Sometimes I have complicated views being moved, animated, etc.., and your app won't know when it's actually finished.

I'm sure this is a feature people will like across the board.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 05 May, 2015 07:03 AM

Hi Nick,

There is a 'refresh' button at the top right of the window that you can use to refresh the snapshot in Reveal. Note also that you can refresh Reveal from within the iOS simulator by pressing ⌘⇧R, which can be handy.

Cheers

Sean

2. 2 Posted by Nick Turner on 06 May, 2015 07:14 PM

Hi Sean,

I tried that it does not work. I can send a screen shot as my app has high security on it. The frame is never updated. I do set all my frames to a ZeroRect ( 0,0,0,0) and in LayoutSubviews the constraints update everything.

It would be cool is you could capture revisions to the frame when it changes, that is trick however layoutsunviews is the signal

Another thing I noticed is in my WebViews y'all don't try and discover those items as well. That would be great if y'all tried a basic discovery of items like I do with my javascript test suite in instruments. I can share that with you as it's custom made, very simple.

3. 3 Posted by Nick Turner on 06 May, 2015 07:20 PM

apologies for the grammar mistakes. I was trying to appear as illiterate.

4. 4 Posted by Nick Turner on 06 May, 2015 07:22 PM

Let me retype that - "if you could capture frame before and after on Layoutsubviews", This is called upto 5 times in a screens life based on Constraint animation sequences. A nice treeView would be awesome

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 08 May, 2015 06:36 AM

Hi Nick,

I appreciate that your app may be sensitive, but it'd be helpful if you could provide a stripped down sample demonstrating the problem so we can investigate.

Also, in terms of inspecting the content of WebViews, Reveal's focus is on inspecting UIKit views and does not reach in to the DOM of the WebView itself. You may want to try Safari's web inspector for that.

Cheers

Sean

6. Sean Woodhouse closed this discussion on 08 May, 2015 06:36 AM.

7. Nick Turner re-opened this discussion on 19 May, 2015 01:31 PM

8. 6 Posted by Nick Turner on 19 May, 2015 01:31 PM

I would like to add to this.
    The UIATarget is available, so the DOM wouldn't have to be queried. Here is an example for the code using a WebView. The UIATarget class converts basic html elements into a searchable tree. The reason why your app would be better with this is that most business apps are hybrid and being native only limits the effectiveness of the app.
    See code below. thanks

- var webView=window.scrollViews()[0].webViews()[0];
       - Tap the textView that you want to edit: webView.textFields()[0].tap();
       - Use the keyboard UIATarget.localTarget().frontMostApp().keyboard().typeString("text");

On Friday, May 8, 2015 1:36 AM, Sean Woodhouse <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv8734373655 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8734373655 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

9. 7 Posted by Nick Turner on 19 May, 2015 01:33 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Inspector tab does not update bounds or frame

After taking a look it appears the identity inspector tab does not update bounds or frame. Whereas if I click on the layout index under CALayers I can see the values.

Thanks,Nick

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:03 AM, Sean Woodhouse <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv7969202370 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv7969202370 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

10. Sean Woodhouse closed this discussion on 09 Jun, 2016 01:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac