Constant 100% CPU usage

Kosti Jokinen

08 Jan, 2019 01:39 PM

On Reveal Version 13 (10035) and macOS Mojave Version 10.14, whenever I have Reveal open its CPU usage as reported by Activity Monitor constantly hovers around 100%, even when not connected to any application and even with no active window on screen. I'm not sure when exactly the issue appeared or if it was related to a Reveal or a macOS update as it's been like this since some point in 2018, with me being lazy about reporting things and kinda just hoping the issue would eventually get fixed and disappear.

Are others experiencing this issue? In this state I would rather not keep the application open any longer than necessary, which obviously isn't conductive to a smooth workflow.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tony Arnold on 08 Jan, 2019 10:15 PM

Hi Kosti,

Would you mind grabbing me a Sample of the Reveal process from within Activity Monitor when this is happening? I'll have a look into what's causing the issue.

thanks,

Tony

2. 2 Posted by Kosti Jokinen on 09 Jan, 2019 07:55 AM

Sample as an attached text file

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tony Arnold on 10 Jan, 2019 03:50 AM

Hi Kosti,

I have a couple of suggestions for you to try:

1. It looks like Reveal isn't in /Applications/ - could you try moving it to /Applications/ and launching it again?
    2. If your license covers Reveal v14, please try upgrading to that version.

If neither of those help, please let me know - I have a few other things we can try, but I'd prefer to see if the simple options work first.

thanks,

Tony

4. 4 Posted by Kosti Jokinen on 10 Jan, 2019 08:44 AM

Ah yes, thank you, I had forgot I had been using an older version because of a project that had been linked against an older version of the library. Moving to /Applications/ didn't change anything but letting the updater do its thing did. I guess there's nothing left for you patch on your end then.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tony Arnold on 10 Jan, 2019 10:39 AM

That's great to hear, Kosti. Our SceneKit expert thought that it might have been related to a change we made in the release of Reveal just after the one you were using, and it sounds like he was correct.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

6. Tony Arnold closed this discussion on 10 Jan, 2019 10:39 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac