Unable to rotate canvas

Tom Soderling

12 Dec, 2018 10:49 PM

I launched Reveal app today and am unable to rotate the canvas by clicking and dragging.
I've tried clicking between 2D and 3D mode but nothing is working. Screenshot attached

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tony Arnold on 13 Dec, 2018 11:15 PM

Hi Tom,

This is quite unusual - you need to be in 3D mode in the canvas to allow rotation, but it should work by clicking and dragging, or by holding down Option (⌅) and panning your mouse wheel/trackpad horizontally.

What kind of input device are you using (specific mouse model would be great), and can I ask what version of macOS and Reveal you're using as well?

thanks,

Tony

2. 2 Posted by Tom Soderling on 19 Dec, 2018 04:28 PM

Hey Tony,

Yep, I’m in 3D mode. Holding the option key and panning on my mouse or trackpad does work, it’s just not as useful as clicking and dragging.
    I’m using an Apple Magic Mouse 2 (Model A1657) or the built-in MacBook Pro trackpad.
    MacOS Mojave v10.14.1
    Reveal v18 (11101)

This happened once before earlier this year as well, and the only workaround I found was to uninstall/reinstall the app. I’m just hoping to avoid that. I’d appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks!

--> Tom

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tony Arnold on 02 Jan, 2019 02:45 AM

Hi Tom,

Would you mind sending me a copy of Reveal's preferences from your machine? Uninstalling and reinstalling shouldn't really make any difference to how your mouse interacts with the canvas. Are you running any kind of keyboard or mouse input tools to map buttons or anything like that?

A system profiler report from your Mac would be super useful if you're willing to share it.

thanks,

Tony

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_4.47.54_PM.png 1.5 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac