Can't load app in Reveal via breakpoint since v19

Vedran

05 Nov, 2018 09:17 AM

I get "Sorry, something went wrong when we were processing your request. Please try again or get your boarding pass at the airport.".
I don't use CocoaPods, but a breakpoint integration.

1. 1 Posted by byaruhaf on 05 Nov, 2018 11:39 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Can't load app in Reveal via breakpoint since v19

having the same issue with the "reveal load" lldb command

(lldb) reveal load
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Applications/Reveal.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Scripts/RevealServerCommands.py", line 63, in HandleRevealCommand
        if TargetIsCompatible(target) == False:
      File "/Applications/Reveal.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Scripts/RevealServerCommands.py", line 195, in TargetIsCompatible
        return "apple-ios" in architecture or "apple-tvos" in architecture or "apple-watchos" in architecture
    TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
    (lldb)

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 06 Nov, 2018 02:43 AM

Hi guys,

It's possible that two of you are having different issues, but in both cases it may be that Reveal's breakpoint integration mechanism fails to recognise your application. First of all, can I ask both of you to run your app, pause it in the debugger, then execute the following command in the debugger console:

target list

And show the result? You can remove the binary path from the output, but I'd interested in the generic part of it, e.g.:
    ( arch=x86_64-apple-ios8.0.0, platform=ios-simulator, pid=29831, state=stopped )

Vedran, specifically in your case: I'm not sure the message Sorry, something went wrong when we were processing your request. Please try again or get your boarding pass at the airport. is related to Reveal. Where exactly do you see this message and when? If some details include confidential information, feel free to open a separate private support request.

Best regards,
    Vlas.

3. 3 Posted by Vedran on 06 Nov, 2018 07:37 AM

Lol sorry, wrong paste from my clipboard history.

The message that Reveal shows is:
    "The operation couldn’t be completed. The app is linked against an older version of the Reveal library. You may need to update the Reveal library in your app."

Screenshot:
    http://take.ms/rCcIi

target list:
    ( arch=x86_64-apple-ios11.0.0, platform=ios-simulator, pid=10629, state=stopped )

Interesting thing is that I'm running iPhone XS simulator with iOS 12.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 06 Nov, 2018 07:50 AM

Hi Vedran,

The target list output you've shown looks normal to me. Have you tried restarting Xcode? Sometimes updating Reveal while keeping Xcode open causes breakpoint integration that's still loaded into LLDB to keep referencing the old application bundle, which the updater moves to Trash. If this doesn't help, can you show the contents of your ~/.lldbinit file? Also, just in case, do you keep Reveal in /Applications folder or somewhere else?

Best regards,
    Vlas.

5. 5 Posted by Vedran on 06 Nov, 2018 07:55 AM

Yes, I tried restarting everything and nothing helps. I think it stopped working either after updating Xcode to 10.1, or Reveal to v19,

~/.lldbinit content:

Reveal LLDB commands support - DO NOT MODIFY

command script import /Applications/Reveal.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Scripts/RevealServerCommands.py
    ###

And Reveal app is in the Applications folder.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 06 Nov, 2018 08:02 AM

This is definitely strange! Can you show the debugger console log produced when your app starts? Since Reveal seems to detect some Server instance running inside your app, I expect it to include Reveal-related lines similar to these:

Loading Reveal Server from /Applications/Reveal.app/Contents/SharedSupport/iOS-Libraries/RevealServer.framework/RevealServer...
    Reveal Server was loaded successfully.
    YourApp[34054:3172986]  INFO: Reveal Server started (Protocol Version 49).

I'm mostly interested in the Loading Reveal Server from path, and also Protocol Version that the Server reports. It's also possible you would see Reveal-related errors in the console.

7. 7 Posted by Vedran on 06 Nov, 2018 08:15 AM

warning: not loading Reveal Server, it's already loaded.
    INFO: Reveal Server started (Protocol Version 47).

I've figured out what it was because of this, thanks Vlas.

The problem was that someone added Reveal SDK to our project a while ago and I didn't know that, so I guess these two methods of loading Reveal, both via pod and a breakpoint, clashed with each other.

After removing one of them, everything works as expected again!

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 06 Nov, 2018 10:07 AM

You're welcome, Vedran, glad I could help!

Best regards,
    Vlas.

9. Vlas Voloshin closed this discussion on 06 Nov, 2018 10:07 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac