RevealServer 17 Bitcode support

Philip

20 Sep, 2018 02:02 PM

Hello, I have an error while making an ad-hoc build. I found that you have already added bitcode support since v16. But it still fails.
I'm using XCode 10, Debug configuration.

❌  ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because './Pods/Reveal-SDK/RevealServer-17/iOS/RevealServer.framework/RevealServer' was built without full bitcode. All frameworks and dylibs for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build file './Pods/Reveal-SDK/RevealServer-17/iOS/RevealServer.framework/RevealServer' for architecture arm64

❌  ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because './Pods/Reveal-SDK/RevealServer-17/iOS/RevealServer.framework/RevealServer' was built without full bitcode. All frameworks and dylibs for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build file './Pods/Reveal-SDK/RevealServer-17/iOS/RevealServer.framework/RevealServer' for architecture armv7
  1. 1 Posted by weizhi on 25 Sep, 2018 11:38 AM

I have the same issue there using the Xcode 10.

2. 2 Posted by Philip on 25 Sep, 2018 12:01 PM

Same with Reveal 18

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 26 Sep, 2018 03:46 AM

Hi Philip,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Do I understand correctly that bitcode is enabled for your application target in its build settings, and the error occurs when you try to perform ProductArchive build, with Debug configuration selected in the Scheme Editor for Archive action? We'll look into our options, but for the time being, unless you specifically need Reveal to work against your ad-hoc builds, I would suggest considering a different integration method as a workaround. Specifically, loading the Reveal Server via an Xcode breakpoint is a convenient alternative if you predominantly inspect your app using Reveal while it's running in the Simulator.

Best regards,
    Vlas.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 03 Nov, 2018 06:34 AM

Hello again,

Just wanted to let you know that Reveal 19 shipped with a version of the Server framework that includes full bitcode support. If you can update to Reveal 19, can you confirm that it resolves the issue you've been experiencing? You can learn more about this update in our blog.

Best regards,
    Vlas.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac