Reveal 1 showing (partially) blank tree

phil

23 Jan, 2018 07:24 PM

Recently Reveal has started showing blank leaves in the outline view (see attached screen shot).

In this case, it was a UITableView over which had been presented a search results table view. If you scroll the tree down, the visible table view tree is sometimes visible, sometimes not.

However, this is not the only case in which I've encountered this problem. Often I get inconsistent behavior, with leaves sometimes blank and sometimes shown.

The behavior is not limited to iOS 11.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tony Arnold on 23 Jan, 2018 10:23 PM

Hi Phil,

Sadly, this is a known issue with Reveal 1.6.3 under High Sierra It is fixed in more recent releases (anything after High Sierra's public release should be fine).

thanks,

Tony

2. 2 Posted by phil on 23 Jan, 2018 10:53 PM

I don't quite understand. I'm on MacOS 10.13.2. What do I have to do to fix this?

Thanks, Tony!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tony Arnold on 23 Jan, 2018 10:57 PM

Hi Phil, we no longer support Reveal 1.6.3 - you can purchase an update to the current supported release of Reveal, or downgrade to macOS 10.12.x.

There's info on the update to Reveal from when we released the first version using the new licensing scheme: https://revealapp.com/blog/reveal-2.html

I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

4. 4 Posted by phil on 23 Jan, 2018 11:36 PM

I love Reveal but an annual license of $60 - $90 feels like a lot. I would be more inclined to upgrade if you continued bugfix support for older versions.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tony Arnold on 28 Jan, 2018 10:15 PM

Hi Phil, fair enough. We're a fairly small team - I hope you can understand that supporting older releases across multiple major OS updates from Apple would take time away from bug fixes and support for new iOS versions.

6. 6 Posted by phil on 29 Jan, 2018 03:47 PM

Yes, I know it's a balancing act. And I did just upgrade to Reveal 2 :)

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tony Arnold on 29 Jan, 2018 09:35 PM

Thanks for supporting Reveal! I really appreciate you purchasing a license. Let me know if you have any questions :)

8. Tony Arnold closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2018 09:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac