Reveal 10 and iOS 11, is the beta supported?

michaelacrawford

28 Aug, 2017 03:58 AM

I'm trying to understand the layout of iOS 11's new document browser. So, I added the Reveal CocoaPod and performed a rebuild of the product I'm working on in order to take a look. Reveal just displays a blank view. I don't see any of the UI elements present on the device display. Are these two supposed to work together at this point?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tony Arnold on 28 Aug, 2017 04:07 AM

Hello Michaela,

Yes, you should be able to use Reveal with iOS 11.

What I assume is happening here (due to the _UIRemoteView class at the bottom of the view hierarchy) is that the new document browser is an out-of-process XPC service - much like mail composition view controllers.

I'm not aware of any way to inspect these kinds of view controllers, but I will ask the rest of the team and get back to you.

thanks,

Tony

2. 2 Posted by michaelacrawfor... on 28 Aug, 2017 04:10 AM

Sounds like a new and necessary feature waiting to happen. Thanks for the quick reply.

-Michael

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tony Arnold on 28 Aug, 2017 05:16 AM

Hi Michael,

I've had a quick chat to the team, and it doesn't sound like this is something we're going to be able to support - Apple's sandboxing of these XPC services locks us out of the normal methods we'd use to gather information. There may be methods of manually injecting our library directly into the process rendering the document browser, but I'd be surprised if the first step wasn't "Jailbreak your device…".

thanks,

Tony

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Device_Screen.PNG 86.3 KB
  • Reveal_Display.png 78.2 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac