can't find app in reveal

run

09 Aug, 2017 04:44 AM

i am using reveal via an Xcode Breakpoint.I follow the intergration guide step by step.When i run my app,the console print: INFO: Reveal Server started (Protocol Version 40).However,I can find my app in reveal list.Then i see the "Bonjour Debugging: Why can't I connect to my App?",I follow the guide to ensure whether reveal is being linked correctly,but everything is ok.My app is using the reveal service,and the http status is 200(ok),so i wonder why can'i i find my app in reveal list.Then i try to install reveal SDK via cocoaPod,but it also doesn't work.
In addition,I try to inspect your sample app,after the sample app is runing,i still can't find the sample app in reveal list.

1. 1 Posted by run on 10 Aug, 2017 02:36 AM

when i inspect the sample app,i still can't find the sample app in reveal list

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tony Arnold on 13 Aug, 2017 10:37 PM

Hello,

You mentioned that you worked through our Bonjour Debugging Article - did you get all the way to the end of the document?

Most commonly, we find users have modified the /etc/hosts document on their Mac to get around VPN or firewall restrictions - this interferes with how Reveal communicates.

There is more detail about what to do if you're still having issues in the same document - can you confirm your /etc/hosts file is unmodified?

3. 3 Posted by run on 17 Aug, 2017 01:53 PM

I have modified the /etc/hosts document to get around VPN.but i contain content as follow pictures,that is my localhost.i havn't removed it.Is it have any problem?

4. 4 Posted by run on 19 Aug, 2017 04:30 PM

Hello,I solve my problem by restore my host files.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tony Arnold on 20 Aug, 2017 11:09 AM

Good to hear. Thank you for letting me know. Please feel free to get back in contact if you have any further questions.

6. Tony Arnold closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2017 11:09 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac