Loading via Breakpoint Error

John

04 Jun, 2017 03:28 PM

I get the following error when attempting to load Reveal via symbolic breakpoint:

Loading Reveal Server from /Users/XYZ/Downloads/Reveal.app/Contents/SharedSupport/iOS-Libraries/RevealServer.framework/RevealServer...
error: error: Execution was interrupted, reason: breakpoint 2.1.
The process has been returned to the state before expression evaluation.

I am running Xcode 8.2.1
App deployment target 9.1

1. 1 Posted by John on 04 Jun, 2017 03:33 PM

Attached screenshot of configuration.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tony Arnold on 05 Jun, 2017 12:18 AM

Hi John, does your app launch successfully if you disable that breakpoint?

Can you force the issue to occur, and then in Xcode's Debug Console type the following command:

bt all

Then copy and paste the result of that back here.

I apologise that this is happening. It's probably going to take a bit of back and forth between us to figure out what's causing this problem for you, so please bear with me as I ask you for information.

thanks,

Tony

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tony Arnold on 05 Jun, 2017 12:19 AM

Actually, before we go through this process - can you try moving Reveal to /Applications (or anywhere outside of ~/Downloads, really) and try again?

I think this might be macOS' quarantining of your downloads directory.

thanks,

Tony

4. 4 Posted by John on 05 Jun, 2017 03:20 AM

I had the same thought earlier today and did move the file. I've retried and now Reveal Server loads, however, I do not see my app in the Reveal. Here is the console message:

Loading Reveal Server from /Applications/Reveal.app/Contents/SharedSupport/iOS-Libraries/RevealServer.framework/RevealServer...
    Reveal Server was loaded successfully.
    2017-06-04 22:19:02.204 Studio Fusion[75679:997837] INFO: Reveal Server started (Protocol Version 40).

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tony Arnold on 05 Jun, 2017 03:39 AM

OK, well that's great! That's loading successfully, so next up we need to look at why you can't see your iOS app from within Reveal.

The simplest way to do this is for you to have a read of our Bonjour Debugging Article and let me know how far you get before you hit a problem (and what the problem is).

6. 6 Posted by John on 06 Jun, 2017 07:53 PM

I was able to get to the last step:

curl -s -D - http://localhost:57582/application -o /dev/null

However, there was no output in the terminal. I assume this translates to a BonJour issue on my machine?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tony Arnold on 06 Jun, 2017 11:19 PM

No, I don't think so.

You can try running:

curl -s -D - http://localhost:57582/application

The command you're running is piping the output to /dev/null which would mean it's not going to show any output in Terminal.

If you run that command and it outputs a stream of JSON - great! Grab me a copy of that and I may be able to use it to debug the issue on my end.

If it doesn't print a bunch of JSON to your terminal, it could be a couple of common things:

1. The network activity/HTTP request could be being blocked by something like Little Snitch or a third-party firewall (also check that your /etc/hosts hasn't been modified;
    2. It could be that Reveal is spinning trying to serialise your app - this would present as the curl command not finishing (you needing to kill it). The best way to check this is to run the curl command again, and then pause your iOS app in Xcode's debugger and see what it thinks is happening.

Thanks for being patient while we work through this.

thanks,

Tony

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac