"No activations left for this number"

Adam Eberbach

16 May, 2017 04:13 AM

Hi guys. Can I have some more please? I use a few different computers and I may have reinstalled one or more without un-activating Reveal. I just tried to install it on my home machine and no activations left. The number is id398798592621odr and the license is a business license owned by IBM, order number ITT160916-2453-81151.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tony Arnold on 16 May, 2017 04:17 AM

Hey Adam!

Hope you're well.

Each license is valid for 2 activations, so you probably hit that limit. I've reset that for your license, so you should be able to use your activation number again now.

In future, if you remember to, you can deactivate the license on machines before you finish using them by going into Reveal's preferences, selecting the "License" tab and clicking on the "Manage" button - there's an option there to deactivate the license on the current machine. You can do this as many times as you want to.

If you forget to do this, I can always reset it for you.

thanks,

Tony

2. 2 Posted by Adam Eberbach on 16 May, 2017 04:20 AM

Thanks Tony - I have a bad habit if wiping everything before properly uninstalling. I'll try and remember.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tony Arnold on 17 May, 2017 12:09 AM

Me too, buddy, me too. I always forget to manually deactivate the litany of apps that use online activation on my machine.

It's almost like we need a centralised store for apps where that's handled for us :troll:

Have a great day! ;)

4. Tony Arnold closed this discussion on 17 May, 2017 12:09 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac