Reason: image not found

timur.suleimanov.ukraine

25 Jan, 2017 01:31 PM

Hi, When i start the app with Reveal framework included i got the following error:
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/RevealServer.framework/RevealServer
... Reason: image not found

Integrated using cocoapods, Reveal version 6

Any idea what can be wrong?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Vlas Voloshin on 26 Jan, 2017 01:06 AM

Hi Timur,

First of all, can you clarify whether you're getting this error when running in Simulator or on device? Second, this error message may suggest two potential causes:

1. The framework is actually not there in your application bundle.
    2. rpath (runpath) of your executable is not configured correctly.

Both would be pretty strange, given that you're using CocoaPods, so I'd suggest using BuildClean command in Xcode and deleting your app from the Simulator/device before trying to run it again – just in case there's some leftover information that causes this.

In the likelihood that cleaning won't help, please try checking for one of the causes I've mentioned above:

1. To check whether the framework is actually included in your app, select the build/run destination you were trying in Xcode, but instead of running, open the "Products" group under your project in Xcode's Project Navigator, right-click on the app item that you'll find there, select Show in Finder, right click on the highlighted app bundle, select Show Package Contents, go to Frameworks, and see whether RevealServer.framework is in there.
    2. To check the runpath, select your project in Xcode's Project Navigator, choose the target you're building, select Build Settings tab, type "runpath" in the search field, and mouse over the value of Runpath Search Paths / Debug under your target's name. The tooltip that would soon appear should contain at least the following values:
      • @executable_path/Frameworks
      • @loader_path/Frameworks

If you have found issues while checking these potential causes, here are possible explanations:

1. If you can't find the framework in your application bundle, it means that it has not been embedded into your app correctly. Embedding CocoaPods-vended frameworks is done as a build phase in your target, usually called [CP] Embed Pods Frameworks. To check that it's present, select your project in Xcode's Project Navigator, choose the target you're building, and select Build Phases tab.
    2. If the runpath search paths build setting value does not match the example above, it's possible that the build settings configuration provided by CocoaPods via Pods-<your-app-name>.debug.xcconfig file is invalid. You should have this file in the "Pods" group under your project in Xcode's Project Navigator. As another possibility, the value of the setting itself may be invalid: go back to the Runpath Search Paths / Debug build setting that you've checked before, double click on the value under your target's name, and see if contains an $(inherited) value. Lack of this value would stop CocoaPods' configuration to be effective.

In both cases, you can try re-integrating CocoaPods into your app using pod install command in your project directory. As an alternative to using CocoaPods to integrate Reveal, you can also use one of the other integration methods we have listed in the integration guide, accessible from inside Reveal via HelpIntegration Guide menu. Please let me know what you find.

Best regards,
    Vlas.

2. 2 Posted by congxiaoYin on 17 Sep, 2018 04:36 AM

I got this error unfortunately,and i tryed the two schemes, but not work.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac