UIControl support

Wojtek

03 Oct, 2013 12:36 PM

I add some UIControls as subviews and even though I can see them on the screen they are not displayed in the Reveal's layer tree. Is it a bug or lack of the feature?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 03 Oct, 2013 12:41 PM

Can you please attach a screen shot showing the expanded view hierarchy in the left-hand outline view, the central canvas and your app running in the simulator?

2. 2 Posted by Wojtek on 03 Oct, 2013 12:44 PM

Here you are

3. 3 Posted by Wojtek on 03 Oct, 2013 12:45 PM

Oh, and the greyish rectangles are actually UIControlls.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 03 Oct, 2013 12:51 PM

That's interesting. Are the UIControls subviews of the WCSlidingTabBar? Try collapsing the UINavigationBar item in the outline view. Are the grey rectangles rendered then?

Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Wojtek on 03 Oct, 2013 12:56 PM

Yes, they are. Sorry for lack of a proper description of the problem. The UIControls are the subviews of WCSlidingTabBar.
    Ohhh, something interesting happened. When I restarted the app, the UIControls magically appeared. Therefore, I guess it has to be some kind of a bug (caching maybe?). Let me know if I can help you with debugging this thing because I really love your product.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 03 Oct, 2013 01:03 PM

Sorry if this sounds obvious (or if you weren't aware), but when you make a change to your app and re-run it in the simulator, if you have Reveal running you need to make it refresh to get the new changes by pressing the little 'sync' button to the right of the path bar (or just press Command + R). Same is true if the view hierarchy changes in the running app, you have to manually refresh in Reveal. We do it this way to make sure we're not impacting on the performance of your application. Let me know if that's clarified things.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Sean Woodhouse on 21 Oct, 2013 12:46 AM

Did that last suggestion help?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac